Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Location Based CAC issue

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue where one of the remote sites connected over the WAN to CUCM is facing voice quality issues when they call another remote site. There are like 10 Remote sites controlled by Location based CAC and when this site calls this one site in particular it faces voice quality issue.

We are using G.729 codec between different locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hassan

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Location Based CAC issue

Locations are just a way of informing CUCM of the QoS mechanisms that you have configured on the LAN/WAN. If your voice quality is poor to that location you need to look at the QoS configuration on your routers and WAN provider, not CUCM.

Location Based CAC issue

Hi Jonathan,

Is there anyway we can check the bandwidth being consumed in a location also i have a 1 Mb link in which 512Kb is dedicated for voice are there any debugs that i can run on the gateway that will show me the packet drops taking place?

we are using G.729 codec.

Thanks

Hassan

VIP Super Bronze

Location Based CAC issue

You can use the 'show policy-map interface' command on IOS to see how it's working. The Understanding Packet Counters whitepaper has additional detail on how to read the output. For CUCM this is visible through RTMT. Specifically you want to look at the BandwidthAvailable counter. Remember that using the Sync Bandwidth button on the location will reset that counter to match BandwidthMaximum. CUCM has no ability to synchronize real-time bandwidth consumption on the network unless you use RSVP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content