Views
Helpful
Replies

Locations Restricitons

Ahmed Elnagar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

A customer has the following requirements. he has a CM ver 4.1(3) he wants to logicaly creates 3 groups of IP

Phones each group has 25 IP Phones. He wants to apply the following restrictions:

Calls from any IP Phones Group to any IP Phones Group is not limited at all

Calls from Group 1 to outside(PSTN thorugh H323 Trunk) is limited to 2 calls at a time

calls from Group 2 to outside (PSTN thorugh H323 Trunk) is limited to 5 calls at a time.

calls from Group 3 is limited to 5 calls at a time with 2 calls is reseved for 2 IP Phones in the group that can

uses this ( in terms of bandwidth it is like assgining these 2 IP phones dedicated bandwith for one call for each

and no one else can uses this bandwidth even it is available).

calls from in group 1 uses G.711a not the default G.711u

How could I achive this using callmanager

Note: Audio codec must not be changed it is G.711 between any location to any other location.

any ideas about any part of these?

4 Replies 4

jgolia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My solution to your problem involves Gatekeeper CAC instead of Locations. This is because you only want to limit external calls not internal calls between sites.

The Gatekeeper has 5 zones for your IP phones. This is because Group 3 actually gets split into 3 zones since you want 2 phones to have dedicated bandwidth not available to others.

The Gatekeeper also has a Gateway zone. You will instruct your H323 Gateway to register into this zone with a 9# tech-prefix. The existing dial-peers on the gateway need to be adjusted to remove 9# tech-prefix also.

Instead of 1 H323 Trunk in CCM you now have 5. Group 1's phone CSS's for external calls point to Trunk1. Trunk1 registers into GK with tech-prefix 1#. This continues up to Trunk5, although as mentioned above, Group4 & 5 are a single phone.

We then use Bandwidth total statement on GK to limit calls from the other zones out to the gateway which is registered in the Gateway zone. Each G.711 call through a gatekeeper counts 128kbps.

Your Zone Prefix commands will vary to suit your needs for inbound & outbound calls.

Please rate helpful posts.

R7#sho run | b gatekeep

gatekeeper

zone local Group1 netpro.com 4.5.6.7

zone local Group2 netpro.com

zone local Group3 netpro.com

zone local Group4 netpro.com

zone local Group5 netpro.com

zone local Gateway netpro.com

zone prefix Gateway 1..........

zone prefix Group1 61040722..

zone prefix Gateway 610407....

bandwidth total zone Group1 256

bandwidth total zone Group2 640

bandwidth total zone Group3 384

bandwidth total zone Group4 128

bandwidth total zone Group5 128

no shutdown

!

!

line con 0

exec-timeout 0 0

logging synchronous

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

R7#sho gatekeep endp

GATEKEEPER ENDPOINT REGISTRATION

================================

CallSignalAddr Port RASSignalAddr Port Zone Name Type Flags

--------------- ----- --------------- ----- --------- ---- -----

6.6.6.6 1720 6.6.6.6 57238 Gateway VOIP-GW

H323-ID: YourGateway

Voice Capacity Max.= Avail.= Current.= 0

5.5.5.5 57207 5.5.5.5 57176 Group1 VOIP-GW

H323-ID: Trunk1_1

5.5.5.5 57236 5.5.5.5 57176 Group2 VOIP-GW

H323-ID: Trunk2_1

Total number of active registrations = 3

R7#sho gatekeep gw

R7#sho gatekeep gw-type-prefix

GATEWAY TYPE PREFIX TABLE

=========================

Prefix: 1#*

Zone Group1 master gateway list:

5.5.5.5:57207 Trunk1_1

Prefix: 2#*

Zone Group2 master gateway list:

5.5.5.5:57236 Trunk2_1

Prefix: 9#*

Zone Gateway master gateway list:

6.6.6.6:1720 YourGateway

Ahmed,

Of course the Cisco Gatekeeper implementation Jeff recommended does have a more scaleable CAC then CallManager locations and is the preferred method for complex configurations. The problem with the CCM CAC, is that the Location is just a single lookup, or dual if both have sides have locations set. It just tracks the numbers and if it exceeds it denys (or follows AAR if configured). It's not meshed per say like Regions are, so it's hard to do what you need.

If gatekeeper isn't an option and even then I'm not sure it'll fufill Group 3's needs, you could use COR on your H323 router (assuming the Trunk is connected to a Cisco router) to achieve what you need as well. This would involve a series of Inbound dial-peers from CCM, matching on ANI from the Groups you specified. This of course would require design work on your groups to make sure contiguous ANI numbers. From there the inbound dial-peers could have COR lists and you could craft a series of outbound dial-peers with corlists corresponding to each inbound. The outbound dial-peers would also use the max-con command to limit the outbound calling. Here is an example.

dial-peer cor custom

name Group1-2out

name Group2-5out

name Group3-5out

name Group3-allphones

name Group3-phone1

name Group3-phone2

dial-peer cor list Group1-2out

member Group1-2out

dial-peer cor list Group2-5out

member Group2-5out

dial-peer cor list Group3-5out

member Group3-5out

member Group3-phone1

member Group3-phone2

dial-peer cor list Group3-allphones

member Group3-allphones

dial-peer cor list Group3-phone1

member Group3-phone1

dial-peer cor list Group3-phone2

member Group3-phone2

dial-peer voice 100 voip

answer-address 2...

!or destination-pattern for ANI inbound

corlist incoming Group1-2out

codec g711alaw

!can be ulaw as well an gateway can then be alaw, depends on voip design.

no vad

dial-peer voice 200 voip

answer-address 3...

corlist incoming Group2-5out

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 300 voip

answer-address 4...

corlist incoming Group3-allphones

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 301 voip

answer-address 4001

!Dedicated phone 1

corlist incoming Group3-phone2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 302 voip

answer-address 4002

!Dedicated phone 2

corlist incoming Group3-phone2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

corlist outgoing Group1-2out

max-con 2

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9T

corlist outgoing Group2-5out

max-con 5

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 9T

corlist outgoing Group3-5out

max-con 5

preference 2

dial-peer voice 31 pots

destination-pattern 9T

corlist outgoing Group3-phone1

max-con 1

preference 1

dial-peer voice 32 pots

destination-pattern 9T

corlist outgoing Group3-phone2

max-con 1

preference 1

Thing to remember on this configuration, is that if you have an existing inbound dial-peer using incoming called-number, then that will take precedence over the Answer-address dial-peers.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thank you very much, really this is very helpful. I am just thinking of something, will the gatekeeper handle all this with no problems. I am not experinced using GK but say for example I will have this model that I explained in a 100 or 150 other sites (Service Provider Implementaion) all this will be okay with the gatekeeper.

The other thing that I just think of it now, do I have to create a complete dial plan for each group?? (and have the appropiate trunk for each group assigned to a gorup of IP Phones))

I really appricate ur help and for sure i will try ur ideas but I am afraid that will be very big configuration tasks and planning.

Hi Ahmed,

As Fred had mentioned, if you want to scale this solution the GK is more suited to your needs. I would say getting above 10 sites you would want to be there. The config was more lengthy matching on ANI & Using COR. The advantage it offers is not using the GK which many are less comfortable configuring and understanding.

The GK config was shorter but requires knowledge of GK Call Routing & possibly hardware. As for your question on inbound calls from the GK to the CCM. The CCM will not care where calls route IN from, so long as appropriate CSS is set on the trunk itself in CM. Your original question was limiting OUTBOUND calls, which was addressed in both solutions.

The flowchart in this GK Doc is indispensable. Use it with Debug Gatekeep Main 10 (or 5)(hidden debug).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a8928.shtml

Please rate helpful posts,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: