Views
Helpful
Replies

lock ip phone

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Is any body provide me the solution of how can i enable password on my cisco IP phone without using EM please relpy me.

Zeeshan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Zeeshan,

If you are looking for a locking system like we have in mobiles which locks the kepad, then to the best of my knowledge its not available as a feature from Cisco.

However there are few other people who have solution for this -

ANDTEK -

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

-> Sushil

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

you can use FAC

but if anything else other than this....voice experts, please reply

Hi Zeeshan,

If you are looking for a locking system like we have in mobiles which locks the kepad, then to the best of my knowledge its not available as a feature from Cisco.

However there are few other people who have solution for this -

ANDTEK -

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

-> Sushil

Radianta's Beacon Office has a lockout feature as well.

hi sushil,

nice to see your reply regarding my query but i just want that my user come in the morning and they will login using there ID and Pin code and when ever they are moving they will log off there phone i want to use this without using EM and if i am using this 3rd party software it is problem to download this software free for demo so i can test it first kindly solve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

If that's teh requirement why don't you use EM.

Can I understand what is the reason behing not selecting EM for this.

-> Sushil

i have a little problem when ever i have enable EM on my phone and i was trying to logon on my ip phone there is little problem occur the problem is my all IP phone going to the registry mode so that i need to restart me CCM server to registered my all other ip phone can you please help my out on this regards

Zeeshan

Yes, you can develop your own service to lock/unlock cisco phone keypad by integration of applications developed using TAPI, C++, .NET, C#, Java, JSP and Cisco IP Phone XML services.

In fact, I was looking for such solution long ago but couldn't find one, therefore I developed my own.

Please drop me an email if you want sample source code.

Thanks & Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

If you're looking to lock your phone with a demo software from a 3rd party developer, then try www.xeno-solutions.com. We've deployed their phone lock feature many times and their phone suite comes with a nice set of phone applications/utilities.

hi, pls send me an example of the application.

thanks...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: