Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Log on to phone / hunt group question

Here's what I'm trying to do.  In our office we have primary extension for each user, and some have a secondary extension that is part of a hunt group for a 800 number that also comes into our office.

I'd like to find a way to have people sign into their phone/2nd extension in order to be put into the hunt group.  The reasoning for this is that if they haven't signed in, then their 2nd extension won't ring as part of the hunt group.

Is this possible?  And if so, how? 

We run CME on a Cisco 3825 router.....if that helps.

Thanks very much.

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

Are you using the Hunt group logout?

HLog

—Enables both an HLog soft key and a DND soft key on phones in the idle, seized, and connected call states. When you press the HLog soft key, the phone is changed from the ready to not-ready status or from the not-ready to ready status. When the phone is in the not-ready status, it does not receive calls from the hunt group, but it is still able to receive calls that do not come through the hunt group (calls that directly dial its extension). The DND soft key is also available to block all calls to the phone if that is the preferred behavior.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1096472

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wpxref11953

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

Are you using the Hunt group logout?

HLog

—Enables both an HLog soft key and a DND soft key on phones in the idle, seized, and connected call states. When you press the HLog soft key, the phone is changed from the ready to not-ready status or from the not-ready to ready status. When the phone is in the not-ready status, it does not receive calls from the hunt group, but it is still able to receive calls that do not come through the hunt group (calls that directly dial its extension). The DND soft key is also available to block all calls to the phone if that is the preferred behavior.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1096472

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wpxref11953

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

Rob,

If we're using a ephone-template for softkeys, will the HLOG softkey show up as well?  Or do I need to add it to the template manually? 

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

Try the hunt-group logout HLog command and I believe the key should show up.

You may need a no create cnf/create cnf

Cheers!

Rob

What about a way to automatically log people in the hunt group in, say every morning at 8am?  The hlog works great to log them out, but if everyone logs out, then that defeats the purpose

Or is something like that not possible?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure I follow

The standard procedure would be to log in at 8:00am or when available

so that calls will be presented to you and to log out when you are leaving

your desk or are unavailable so that calls are not presented to positions/phones

where no one can take the call. The HLog softkey will toggle between logged in

and logged out so it's a pretty simple operation. This is how most, if not all Call

Centre style configurations work.

Maybe I'm way off base here ...it wouldn't be the first time

Cheers!

Rob

You're not way off base....we're doing things a little strange here.....

We don't have a dedicated set of people who are going to be getting calls from this hunt group.  For some of them this will be their full time job, for others, they serve as a backup.  I wanted to give the backup people a option to sign out of the hunt group if they're busy doing their primary job, and am concerned that at the end of the day, they may not remember that they're signed out.

We don't have people sign into their phones each morning......

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

No worries

One item of note here is that the display on the IP Phone will

show logged in or logged out so I would think that should cover off

your concerns about the backup peeps.

Cheers!

Rob

Yea, I noticed that when I tested it.....hopefully that will be enough for their manager

Thanks for the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies