cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'logged out (default) profile information' config on UDP?

markah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm struggling to understand the option of setting a 'logged out (default) profile information' end user on the user device profile configuration page.

Looking at the CUCM web pages and the Cisco documentation I still can't clearly understand what it is used for.

I've tried various configurations in the lab but can't see how it works.

Can anyone give an explanation in simple terms so that I can understand its operation.

Thanks,

Mark

9 Replies 9

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

UDP

You can assign a user device profile to a user so that when a user logs  in or out of a device, the corresponding user device profile is loaded  onto that device. .

Take a look

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_1_2/ccmsys/a07hotel.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#prof-3a

Is like a logout profile and login profile

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still struggling to understand why you'd configure the information on the UDP.

Scenario:

A user is logged in to a handset with his associated user device profile (End User - JSmith with UDP with DN 1001).

JSmith's user device profile has a 'logged out (default) profile information' assigned  to another End User ID (PBrown).

PBrown end user account is associated with a UDP with a DN of 2001.

When JSmith logs out of the phone (which currently has DN 1001) the phone will re-register with the UDP of PBrown with the Extension of 2001??

If this should be the case I can't get it to work.

Regards,

Mark

Extension Mobility (EM) feature enables users to configure a Cisco Unified IP Phone as their

own, on a temporary basis, by logging in to that phone. After a user logs in, the phone adopts the user's

individual device profile information, including line numbers, speed dials, services links, and other

user-specific properties of a phone.

Take a look

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b2f.shtml

When you log in a phone you use the UDP that is associated with a end user, when you log outs you dont use the UDP.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Thanks again,

But that's my point, why would you configure the 'logged out (default) profile information' on the UDP?

"When you log in a phone you use the UDP that is associated with a end user, when you log outs you dont use the UDP."

I can't understand the purpose of this setting.

Regards,

Mark

Mark the purpose of logged out profile is is the profile which gets loaded on the  phone when a user logs off. So you have the option to create logged  off device profiles instead of configuring the dn/pt/css settings fixed  on the phones.

I suggest you take a look on the login/ logout flow to help you understand

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_0_1/ccmfeat/fsem.html#wp1241822

Regards
Leonardo Santana

I can understand how assigning a logged out profile on the device itself would work but it's still not clear why you'd set out a logged out profile on the UDP itself.

From my tests when I log my profile out of a phone, the device doesn't pick up the profile info that is assigned under my UDP (logged out (default) profile info field).

Instead the device picks up the profile assigned to the phone itself (Extension Mobility>Log out profile field).

Forgive me if I'm missing the relevant detail in the documentation, but I still don't understand when the logged out profile on the UDP is invoked.

Thanks.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm with Mark. Can't see the purpose of that field.

From another cisco page:

Note If the device profile is used as a logout profile, specify the login user ID that will be associated with the phone. After the user logs out from this user device profile, the phone will automatically log in to this login user ID.

So it's only used if the profile is used as a logout profile on the phone.

Hi,

sorry for the necro but this is still high on google for "logged out (default) profile information" and I just found out a practical use for it: BLF presence.

Without setting a user-id in this field, the profile loaded fine, but couldn't subscribe for presence info - so the BLF stayed grey. I guess for BLF to work, the user presence CSS is neccessary and the phones subscribe CSS is not sufficient.

Hope that helps the next one searching for a use of this setting.

Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: