cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging 911 Calls - Pulling up historical call history

Joseph E Spoon
Level 1
Level 1

We have had a few times in the past few months where we are getting 911 calls and do not know where the calls originated.  We need to know if these are accidental calls or if someone is coming in through the system.  We have transfer rules setup in the Unity server for when people come in through the auto attendant and I tested calling 9.911 and 911 from there and neither went through.  We have setup CDR after the fact but I'm not seeing any options in there that would show us the calling directory and called number. 

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That query is just another way of looking in the CAR database, so if the data for the call isn't in the database, you would not see any results, as you experienced.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM CDR will show you all the details, make sure you set your service parameter to log CDR and CDR records with 0 duration.

HTH,

Chris

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

If you have access to the CUCM command line interface, you can run a SQL query to identify the extension that placed the call.  Assuming you have CUCM version 8 or later, and are using 9 as your PSTN access code, the following SQL query should get you what you are looking for (this is entered as one line, with no carriage returns):

run sql car select callingpartynumber,originalcalledpartynumber,finalcalledpartynumber, datetimeorigination from tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber IN ('911','9911') or finalcalledpartynumber IN ('911','9911')

I ran that command and I'm not getting any results through the CLI.  Just a lot of ====== ===== ===== with no other information.

Could this not be displaying because the CDR service was not running when the 911 call occurred.  I ran another call through the sql script you gave and it did yield a result.

That query is just another way of looking in the CAR database, so if the data for the call isn't in the database, you would not see any results, as you experienced.

Thanks for all of the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: