Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging into Cisco IM and Presence User Options web page

Lili Chan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Previously, we can access IM and Presence User Options web page to change the individual privacy setting, however now we are not able to ..

https://<IM and Presence server IP address>/cupuser/showHomeMini.do?mini=true

When we try to login using a user id and password, we encounter an error which states "You do not have permission to use this feature. Please contact your administrator for more information."

All users have CCM Standard User permission.

Can your side advice since customer wants to let the admin provision this setting on behalf of user.

Rgds, lili

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to access the Microsoft Remote Call Control login page?

5. If an error message appears informing the users that they do not have permission to use this feature, you must enable the users for Microsoft Lync in Cisco Unified Presence server. See Configure the Remote Call Control Settings.

Source: IMP and MS RCC Integration Guide

If you are using MS RCC, then the above simply states that the user needs to be enable for MS Lync in IMP first.

If you are not using MS RCC, then your users should be logging into:

https://<imp_ipaddress>/cupuser/

Nope. Pls refer to following link, but this is for CUPS 9.x instead of 10.x.

Ive attached a screenshot.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/end_user_guide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_I015EAF8_00_imp-user-guide-90/CUCM_BK_I015EAF8_00_imp-user-guide-90_chapter_011.html

Troubleshooting the Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence User Options Interface

Cannot Sign In To The User Options Interface

Problem    I am accessing the correct User Options web page, but I cannot sign in using my user name and password.
Solution    Contact your system administrator to verify that you are using the correct link to the User Options web pages, and that you are entering the correct username and password. Also verify that you are registered as a licensed user, and you have the assigned access to the User Options web pages.
Related References

You can test this out by just going to any IM&P system and access the following link:

https://<IP address>/cupuser/

Let me know if you manage to access this on a IM&P v10.x system ?
Thanks, lili

Hi All,

It would be great if anyone can help me.I am facing a problem in IM-Presence admin page GUI

When i am typing username and password on GUI admin page ,error is :invalid user and password

and when i am typing same username and password on putty ssh/vphere client console its working.

what could be the reson? i am sure with the username and password its new installtiong

What type of user authentication do you hvae LDAP or CUCM? Can you log the user in on CUCM end user page? (Ensure you add the user to the standard end user role in CUCM). What version of cucm and IM and P are you running?

If you successfully  log the user in to CUCM, then do the ff:

1. Restart the SYNC-Agent service on CUPS

2. restart the Cisco Tomcat service on CUPS

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,

Appreciate your quick response

We have ucs esxi machine on which CUCM 10 and now recently i added Cisco IM-Presence.10

i am able to access through SSH,but when i am trying to log in through GUI in Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration page it is showing invalid username and password

also when i am trying to log in GUI of Unified CM IM and Presence OS Administration i am login in succesfully.

If you are accessing through SSH, then you are using the application username. You need an end user account to login to IM and P user page. Do you have an end user account created? Is the user enabled for IM and P in CUCM? Cna you log the user in to the CUCM end user page?
Please rate all useful posts

Hi Shah,

you need to use the same username and password which u are using of CUCM Application Adminstration thrugh GUI.

OS administration for IMP could be same or different depending on what u have configured at time of installation of IMP.

regds,

aman