cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon Denied CM 5.1

gppataky2
Level 1
Level 1

If I Logon on to the CLI I am able to Logon successfully, however if I attempt to Logon via the GUI I receive a Logon Denied even though I am using the same user name and password that I used when using the CLI.

Has anyone experienced this issue and wha did they do to resolve it?

Thanks

Greg

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The OS administrator and the application adminsitrator are configured with 2 separate accounts.  They are not the same even if you choose the same account and credentials.  If you forgot the password to the application/GUI administrator, you can reset it via the CLI.

To reset the administrator username:

Command:
utils reset_ui_administrator_name

To reset the administrator password:

Command:
utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Looks like I was slow on the draw! +5 to the beard.

-Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Greg,

The credentials for the CLI are not the same as those for the standard web administration.  There are two separate repositories that manage the authentication.  IOW, the "admin" user for the CLI is a different user than "admin" for the web page -- even if they have the same user ID.

If you don't know the credentials for the web side, then you may need to reset them.  Check your system for the command:

utils reset_ui_administrator_password  (resets the password)

Also, with later releases you have this command:

utils reset_ui_administrator_name  (resets the name)

I am not sure if 5.1(3) includes the utils reset_ui_administrator_name.  I believe it does, but I don't have a 5.1(3) system available to double check.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

sanderao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg

If your username/password are same as that of CLI, please try logging after deleting the browser cookies.

Else try resetting the password.

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Regards,
Sandesh R Rao

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: