cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long time before a 911 call gets converted to a 0911 call.

Hi,

In our Cisco Unified CM Administration - System version: 7.0.1.11000-2, I have experienced that a 112 call (the Danish counterpart to 911 call in the USA) take a long time (about 15 seconds) before the "0" is inserted in front of the 112 number, and the call is processed out through our gateway and to the emergency central.

I have attached a screendump of our 112 Route Pattern Configuration, but I can not see anywhere the possibility to change this time period.

Do you know where I can change this 15 seconds time period to 5 seconds instead? (15 seconds are a lot of time to get convinced that the IP-Phones do not work, when you need an ambulance).

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The likely issue is that you have an overlap in your dial plan which is causing the CUCM digit analysis process to wait to see if the user

is going to enter any more digits.  For example if you have a 112X  or 1XXX or similar pattern, then you have an overlap.  The 15 seconds is a big clue as it is the default inter-digit timer value.  While it is adjustable, I would recomment that you simply edit your route pattern and check the box next to "Urgent Priority".  This will tell the CUCM that as soon as this pattern is matched, route it.  Regardless of any existing overlap.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The likely issue is that you have an overlap in your dial plan which is causing the CUCM digit analysis process to wait to see if the user

is going to enter any more digits.  For example if you have a 112X  or 1XXX or similar pattern, then you have an overlap.  The 15 seconds is a big clue as it is the default inter-digit timer value.  While it is adjustable, I would recomment that you simply edit your route pattern and check the box next to "Urgent Priority".  This will tell the CUCM that as soon as this pattern is matched, route it.  Regardless of any existing overlap.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill,

You were right, if I check the box next to "Urgent Priority", it works as intended.

Now I just have to give the 10 numbers (1120, 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129) a new telephone number, because it is no longer possible to dial these numbers.

But 112 works as it should, and you do not need to wait 15 seconds anymore.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius