Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Loosing registration on Cisco Phones.. What Could I do ?

Hi,

On my current setup, I have 7911 & 7940 Cisco Phones using an Asterisk PBX (a standar SIP PBX).

Therefore, I have not CallManager, instead, my phones are using SIP and connected to a SIP PBX server.

Problem is that, althought I have the phones setup to re-register each 60 seconds, sometimes the phones lost the register and can not receive calls (althoguht they can call for them).

If I connect to asterisk and check for the SIP status of the phones, the PBX show the phones that have error as working correctly (as being registered) but they are not, since they can not receive calls.

That is a serious problem, because althought the employeer/user can do normal calls, he is not aware that he can not receive them.

Once i reboot the phone, the problem is solved, and the phone is registed correctly for another couple of hours (even days) and then, is disconected again.

Any hint ?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Loosing registration on Cisco Phones.. What Could I do ?

Which firmware are you using on the phones ?

SIP 8.2.2

Were you able to find a resolution for this? I am experiencing the same issue using the 7940 SIP image. The phone will randomly lose registration and not be able to receive calls, if you call out it will regain it and can the receive calls correctly. Its a major issue for us right now.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You could try different/newer SIP images. That requires access to download area, granted when you have a registered support contract.

Views
Helpful
Replies