Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Lost ringtone setting after a power outage and reboot

Hi,

I am having this issue. We scheduled a power shutdown over the weekend and shutdown the whole cluster except 1 sub. FYI, the TFTP is on pub and was shutdown. After we got the power back, we turned back on the whole cluster.

Now, users are complaining that their ringtone setting is gone. I tested it this morning while all the servers are up, and I unplugged the phone. When I plugged the phone back, the ringtone setting stays.

So, how the ringtone setting gets lost?

Thx

3 REPLIES

Re: Lost ringtone setting after a power outage and reboot

Hello,

If you look at one of the phones that does not have the ring tones does the TFTP address appear correct under settings -> Network Configurations?

The order in which you brough up your callmanagers may have made a difference also. Perhaps if the phones registered with subscribers before the PUB(TFTP) came up then they would not of been able to contact TFTP at that time.

HTH

Jason

Now I am having another problem....

Under the ring type setting for the phone, only the default shows all 24 ringtones, but the any particular line, it only shows 7 ringtones. I checked the TFTP server, there are 2 files, RingList.xml and DisctiveRingList.xml. The first one has all 24 ringtones but the 2nd file only shows 7 ringtones. So I copied the 1st file content over to 2nd file. I erased/reset the phone and it still shows 7 ringtone for a particular line but 24 ringtones for the default.

Can I have 24 ringtones for a particular line?

Thanks,

Never mind the 2nd question. Figure it out. Restart TFTP does the trick.

Views
Helpful
Replies