Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LSIESG_AlertIndication / LSIESG_DiskDrive_Modified

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the following alert means and it severity? I'm running CUCM 8.5.1

hwStringMatch : Jun 1 20:29:37 SUB01daemon 4 Director Agent: LSIESG_AlertIndication 500605B003561070 Predictive failure: PD 02(e0xfc/s2) Sev: 3.

AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent

ClusterID : 

NodeID : SUB01

hwStringMatch : Jun 1 20:29:37 SUB01daemon 4 Director Agent: LSIESG_DiskDrive_Modified 500605B003561070 Predictive failure: PD 02(e0xfc/s2) Sev: 3.

AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent

Any help will be really appreciated

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It means one of your disk drives has failed a self test or crossed an error threshold and thinks it might fail soon.

You should get it swapped out. I'm not sure which disk it's referring to, there are tools available for further diagnosis (like this http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/LSIMegaRAIDSAS) but you'd need root access so you'd be best to contact TAC to determine which disk it is and get it swapped.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It means one of your disk drives has failed a self test or crossed an error threshold and thinks it might fail soon.

You should get it swapped out. I'm not sure which disk it's referring to, there are tools available for further diagnosis (like this http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/LSIMegaRAIDSAS) but you'd need root access so you'd be best to contact TAC to determine which disk it is and get it swapped.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi all,

TAC Case opened, Hard disk replacement is underway. After the change I will post the results.

Regards,

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guilherme,

Can you ssh to the server you are having this issue and run the following command

show hardware

Also in your server room do you see any LED's blinking /flickering on the front where you have the HDD or on the motherboard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: