cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync 2013 as a softphone client identical to my 9971 phone?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Customer is interested in having Lync 2013 integrated with CallManager 10.0.1.  They want to use Lync client for either Desk Phone Control or Softphone Control and be identical extension to what the Cisco phone has.

Customer wants the exact same extension 4444 on Lync and on his 9971 phone. He can answer on either device, etc.

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=26800

Good luck!

Please rate useful posts.

George that document has different extensions and is just a SIP Route Pattern to OCS/Lync.  It doesn't have Dual Forking or the same extensions on both sides, etc.  It won't meet the customer's requirements.

Thats correct, the way you do it is using Single Number reach. You give 9971 extension 1111, create a single number reach destination of 21111 and there is a route pattern of 2XXXX to Lync/OCS. On the SIP trunk, you strip off 2 and only send XXXX and then configure Lync's extension with XXXX (in this case 1111) and any call to 1111 will ring both Lync and 9971. Calls to Lync will be completed by extending the call using SNR (This is outlined in the "Configure Mobility" section).

SNR won't provide the high level of intelligence between the two the customer would like to see.  He would like to see a solution where Lync and the 9971 are tightly coupled, sort of 1 and the same phone.  Similar to a shared line.  I don't see a solution for him.  Perhaps a 3rd party solution might be able to help.

Ya, i doubt you will get "shared line" like integration between CUCM and Lync. Please report back if you find one. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: