cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mailbox Size

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Hello All - I am looking for a couple of recommendations on mailbox size for subscribers on a Unity Connection 7x  system. Total subscriber count is 4000.

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's hard to give you a hard number.  It depends on your user requirements as well as hardware (with 4000 users, I'll assume you're using 7845 most likely). A few things to think about and recommendations:

1) Configure CUC to enable the deleted items folder --> Class of Service > Message Options > Uncheck "Delete Messages Without Saving To Deleted Items Folder"

2) Enable message-aging policies system-wide (default) and you can customize per user (if needed).  You can then configure the schedule by which deleted items are purged.  The default purge frequency if you enable this in conjunction with #1 as noted above is 15 days.

3) Some general notes on mailbox (assuming G.711):

Default values provide 25 minutes of audio before warning, 27 minutes of audio before send quota, and 29 minutes of audio before send/receive quota.

I generally assume the average message size is 60 - 90 seconds, but that's not official by any means.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: