Views
Helpful
Replies

Make use of another CCM translation pattern

jackypunpkh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 CCM cluster in 2 location (site A & B).

Site A setup translation pattern to route the call. In Site B, I want to make use of the Site A translation pattern instead of re-create it in Site B CCM.

How can it be done? The trunk between 2 sites are working fine. However, I just got no way after some trials.

Tkx

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since they are two diifrent clusters then there is no way to replicate the config between them

Each cluster has it's own call routing and dial plan config

And you need to setup things per cluster as desired

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Even though you rated this post as not helpful but what I mentioned is a fact you need to be aware of !!

Regards,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, first, thank you for your answer.

However, i really believe there should be a way to make use of other CCM translation pattern. I have 3 CCM cluster world wide. I really don't want to add the route pattern by mannual for the same stuff even I as a CCNP Voice with 5 years hand-in experience on CUCM. I cannot also find it out from Cisco Manual or some text book.......

Other than sending the calls to the other cluster so that you use that translation pattern (and whatever pattern/behavior you have configured there) there is no way to use something that is not local to the CUCM DB to do call processing.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As java stated above the concept is all about DB each cluster has DB publisher to write to the cluster database and subscribers to receive the updated info for call processing and other functions

Another cluster means completely different DB cluster and there is no way at this time to replicate config/DB data between different clusters

Hope this help

For your info

If younhave multiple CUCM clusters and you want to centrelize the dial plan to some extent you can use cisco season manager edition of CUCM deign for this type of solutions

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Manager_-_Session_Manager_Edition

HTH

i tried to send the call to the 2nd CCM. However, it is failed to use that translation pattern. Can you please give me something in detail so that i can try it by myself?