Views
Helpful
Replies

Manager/assistant’s extension

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

users will call out and their own extension will be displayed (e.g. Brendan Law, ext 200 will have caller ID 02-4960200) but when a call is returned to that number, it will go to an assistant’s extension (e.g. Judith Jordan, ext 101 for Brendan’s calls).But internal call should go directly to Brendan.

Please advise the solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

In this case you can create a new partition and put there the translation pattern.

Than create a new CSS  to add to Incoming CSS on Gateway configuration page where you will add only partitions that let VG to reach desired Internal Extensions. In this newly created CSS add also the new partition containing the translation pattern.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi.

You can configure  a translation pattern such as:

Pattern:024960200

Called party transform mask: 101 

This will route incoming calls from piston to assistant extension, while internal will route normally.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please find the attached snaps.I have try this option but did not worked.

Hi.

Please change the calling search space value to something that can reach the destinstion extension and it should work

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Yes i change to the national CSS but still not working.

Note: 3 digit also coming from the gateway .

Ok.

In this case in "translation Pattern" field you should put digits that you receive from VG.

Let me know

Carlo

Actually on voice gateway 4 digits are landing , but  from CUCM gateway page,we allow 3 digit and also the internaly using 3 digits.

I tried to create with 200 translation pattern but i didt work.

Hi

When you call 024960200 from PSNT, which number is sent to CUCM from VG

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

0200 From VG to CUCM

Ok.

So in this case, in Translation Pattern field, put 0200 and 101 as called party transform mask.

Remember tu put the right CSS in Translation Pattern in order to allow the call to reach 101 extension.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

From CUCM gateway page,I have selected 3 digit , so three digit are coming . I change the partion on  ext 200 from internal to none and then creat traslation pattern of 101 with internal partition.Now incoming call from PSTN is landing on 101 but internal call is also landing on 101.

Hi

In this case you can create a new partition and put there the translation pattern.

Than create a new CSS  to add to Incoming CSS on Gateway configuration page where you will add only partitions that let VG to reach desired Internal Extensions. In this newly created CSS add also the new partition containing the translation pattern.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Its solve the issue .

Thanks you so much

You're most welcome and thanks you for the nice rating

Cheers

Carlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: