cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually close the office

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

on cucm 9.1 or Unity conns 9.1, is there a way of dialling a number that sets the  main number to out of hours. (a manual process) I know you can use partitions with times configured, but that is an automated process. I would like to have a scenario where if there was an emergency someone could dial a number and it sets the out hours message.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Such a functionality is not possible on CUCM or Unity Connection as the callers will dial the same number from outside that they dial during normal operations and there is no way to change that configuration by simply dialing a number. As you are already aware of Time of Day routing, there is not much to add here.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Such a functionality is not possible on CUCM or Unity Connection as the callers will dial the same number from outside that they dial during normal operations and there is no way to change that configuration by simply dialing a number. As you are already aware of Time of Day routing, there is not much to add here.

HTH

Manish

ok many thanks, I had suspected that was the case.

Actually, when using Unity Connection, this might be possible. If you have the main office number hitting Unity Connection for Auto attendant functionality, you can play activate alternative greeting and be able to manually close the system. Details on how to do this is mentioned at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag150.html#wp1049797

Also, please note that this can be done only when the call arrives at Unity Connection. This cannot be done from CUCM.

Hope this helps.

[+5] Mahesh for suggesting this option for the specific scenario mentioned in the link.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: