Views
Helpful
Replies

manually configuring IPMA

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Hey -

Can anyone help me with maybe a guide or a summary of steps on how to MANUALLY configure IPMA WITHOUT the use of the Wizard. I have used the wizard a couple of times, but it seems to "screw" up the placement of the "Manager" partition? Please help with some basic steps.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I assume, you want Proxy IPMA and not shared.

a. Configure partitions, Manager, IPMA and Everyone ( can also be used if you dont put phones in any partition)

b. Configure two CSS, CSS-M-E and CSS-I-E.

c. CSS-M-E should have Manager pn on top followed by Everyone.

d. CSS-I-E should have IPMA on top followed by Everyone.

e. Create CTI route point that matches Manager DN (say 1000). Put this in IPMA partition. Set CSS to CSS-M-E.

f. Go to this link and create an IPMA IP Phone service.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsipma.htm

g. Set service parameters such as primary./secondary CTI managers, IPMA service etc. You also want to set the IPMA service parameters such as IPMA service, IPMA CTI route point (you created in step e)

h. Add the manager and assistant phone. Set the phone template to IPMA manager or IPMA assistant as appropriate (Do this only if you dont check automatic configuration under each user's IPMA configuration). Add a primary line for Manager and put it in Manager partition. Put CSS of this line to CSS-I-E. Add a second line as intercom line (if needed) and set auto answer with speaker phone. This DN can be in Everyone partition. CSS can be CSS-I-E. Add a speed dial to ring Assistant's intercom as well.

i. For the assitant you will need a proxy line (Partition = Everyone, CSS=CSS-M-E). For the assistant's intercom line add a second line and set auto answer to speakerphone. (Partition = Everyone, CSS=CSS-I-E). You can add a third line as her personal line if needed (Partition = Everyone, CSS=CSS-I-E). You may also add a speed dial to dial Manager's intercom line.

j. Create two users for manager and assistant and associate them with their appropriate phones. From each user's profile you can select Cisco IPMA and select the manager and add assistants for him. You get the options to add a proxy line and intercom line as well.

k. Selecting automatic configuration will update the phone template, the IP phone service subscription etc on the appropriate phones automatically. I usually dont select automatic configuration, so instead i manually update the phone template and phone service subscription on the appropriate phones manually. Note that only manager phone requires subscription to the phone service.

l. Install IPMA console on the assistant pc.

m. Restart tomcat service. Cisco recommends doing this after setting IPMA service parameters but i usually dont waste time doing this till the end.

n. Test IPMA functionality.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts! If you find any flaws in my steps above, feel free to comment. I just wrote this up remembering from my practice lab sessions for my CCIE lab!!..so things could be off a little bit..roughly 17 minutes is my best time run to manually configure IPMA..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

All the above steps are perfect.

But just remember when configuring the System>Service Parameter. Be sure that the CTI manager and Server have the CCM and CTU manager services running on them.

In case of a cluster you have to do the manual configuration on the subscribers replication does not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: