Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Manually Make CallManager Failover

We used to have an Avaya Definity. This system was actually 2 for redundancy. The 2 systems were called 'SPE A' and 'SPE B'. Definity had the ability to manually switch services from 'SPE A' to 'SPE B' and visa-versa. This was nice because if we needed to perform maintenance on 'SPE A', all we needed to do was switch the services over the the other SPE.

My question is: Can you manually switch services from Publisher to Subscriber and visa-versa in a CallManager 4.1(3) environment.

2 REPLIES

Re: Manually Make CallManager Failover

Sure, you can shutdown the Callmanager service or other services such as TFTP by going to Callmanager Serviceability or through Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Re: Manually Make CallManager Failover

I suppose I could do that. I was more or less hoping for a way to take one of the CallManagers temporarily out of the cluster, perform maintenance, then bring it back in.

Avaya made this nice by providing a physical switch. Obviously the CallManager doesn't have a switch, but a check-box in the Administration would help.

Views
Helpful
Replies