Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually moving registered phones to another subscriber

Hi,

We upgraded to V7 and I can't figure out how to move phones from one subscriber to another.  We have to reboot after a feature was installed but I want to move the phones before I reboot.  What is the best method in CUMC 7?

Thanks

Mike

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Change the order of CUCMs in your CUCM group and reset the phones. See the following link.

http://www.ciscosystems.fm/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b02cmgrp.html#wp1020200

Of course, assuming the CUCM group is configured properly, your phone will fail over to the other CUCM when you restart essentially accomplishing the same thing as the above.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

We have the groups set up and devices are balanced between subscribers.  If I change the order and reset the phones, reboot the 1st subscriber, change the order,  reset phones, reboot 2nd subscriber, then put it all back we should be unaffected?  We are a 24 hour facility so it makes it tricky.  Does letting them fail over without changing the order force a phone reboot when the first subscriber comes back up?

Thanks.

Mike

Yes, the phones will fail back over when the higher order subscriber comes back up. Sounds like both scenarios require restarting the phones twice.

Brandon

Assuming that CM-Groups and Device-Profiles are correctly setup. Restarting the first subscriber, waiting till it comes back up and then reloading the second subscriber will not restart any phones and will serve the purpose. The phones will fallback to secondary subscriber in the group and get re-registered to the primary when it comes backup.