Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mapping a special feature from PBX to CUCM

Hi,

we are actually migrating an traditional PBX system (Avaya Integral i33) to CUCM 8.0.3.20000-2.

In the old telephone system  there is an call feature which I would describe as dynamic Call Routing/Call Forwarding. It works like this: Two telephones/users are peered with each other and are able to redirect calls between them by just pressing one button on their phones.

For example: User A presses the button for this function, and all his/her calls are permanently forwarded/redirected to user B (the peering partner) until he/she presses the button again. Same vice versa, user B is also capable to switch this redirection forth and back by pressing a button on his/her phone.

Do you have any idea/hint how to copy this feature on a Unified Communications Manager / IP Phones? Maybe a solution close to this would do it. Is it even possible to associate a predefined forwarding rule with a single button?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Mapping a special feature from PBX to CUCM

Unfortunately what you're asking would be a custom softkey which we don't have.

They would need to press CFA and then a speed dial to do this in the easiest way.

The only other solution would be to talk to the developer team about this, you would need a developer contract in order to do this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately what you're asking would be a custom softkey which we don't have.

They would need to press CFA and then a speed dial to do this in the easiest way.

The only other solution would be to talk to the developer team about this, you would need a developer contract in order to do this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Silver

Just to add, Perhaps you need to think it from a different angle. Many people try to copy 100% a PABX feature onto CUCM - not always the best way in my opinion .   I tend to think what are they trying to do and why. There may be different ways to achieve the same end goal but from a different angle

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content