Views
Helpful
Replies

Mask number (unknown number)

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

It is possible to have some users in the CCM Cluster to permanently mask their number for outbound calls and how?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Maddox

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

In the phones in question, setup the CSS such that they match a partition P2 for placing outbound calls. P2 should have route patterns for (local, LD, intl etc or 9.@) with calling party restriction set to Restricted. This will cause callmanager to send the call signalling with presentation bit set to restricted. For the remaining phones, setup the CSS with partition P1 for placing outbound calls. P1 should have calling party restrictions set to Default.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello,

Thanks for your help. Actualy I was thinking that it might be another approach to do it.

As far I know I don't think this would be easy for a select number of users. If it was

for a business unit or location I think we could do it with CLID restrictions on the route patterns. But again this wouldn't be easy to manage for select users, much easier if it was for all users in a OpCo.

Let me know what your take in this one is?

Regards,

Maddox

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: