Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking DN for internal Calls on CUCM

Hi there, I would like to Know if it's possible to mask a DN when it's calling an internal DN, just like we can do with external call using the external call mask feature.

For example, I had the internal DN 3065 and I would like that when I'm calling to another internal DN, my caller ID shows 6464 insted my real DN. It's this possible? if so, how would I configure this feature?

Regards,

Luis Martinez

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Luis,

Your screen shot shows a translation pattern not a calling transformation pattern.

Chris

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried a translation pattern with the Calling Party Transformation set to the masked number?

Test it out with your own phone: just create a new partition, xlate, and css, and call a phone near you.

Anthony,

Thanks for your replay, let's see If I got the idea.

I had to create a new partition (Xlate), then create a new CSS (CSS-Xlate), then create a translation pattern with the mask that I need and then I got lost.

For example, my phone DN it's 3560, but I want that when I call another phone in the CUCM (internal call) on the display of the called phone shows 6464 insted my real DN. So I followed the steps that you pointed but I'm not sure how could I handle the transformation patter part.

The DN 3560 alreday belong a P-Partion A, the same partition wich all others phones belong to. there alreday a CCS-Internos that I used to call phones on the sistem, this CCS manage P-Partition A. I undestand that I create a transformation patter 6464, wich on calling transformation mask DN 3560 to 6464, but this Transformation patter belong to which partition (P-Partition A or P-Xlate) and then on the Transf. Patter which  CCS I should configure?

I you could explain more, I would be very grateful.

Luis

I find it easier to use Transformation Patterns vs. Translation Patterns for things like these.

Chrus

Chris, I am a step behind you then.  I am an xlate guy, and have yet to upgrade to xform.

Thanks for the pointer; I'm off to do some reading/testing.

Hi Chirs, If you don't mind could you please explain a little more about using Transformation patterns in cases like this? I had been working until now trying to make works the translation, but nothing happened.

Regards,

Luis

Sure, you build a calling party transformation pattern that matches the calling digits, i.e. 3065 as outlined in your example and have it transformed to 6464.  As long as the "Calling Party Transformation CSS" defined on the calling device or device pool assigned to this device (when using "Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS") matches the Parition of the transformation pattnern it will work exactly as you want it.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chirs I configure the following but nothing happened, I'm missing something?

1.- I configured a Transformation Pattern for DN 8003, and put the translation pattern on the Partition Xlate

2.- I configure the Calling Device 8003 to use the Calling Party Transformation CSS (Xlate), that point to Partition XLate. Please give no attention that feature Use device pool Calling Party Transformation CSS it's check, I unchecked and the behaivor it's the same.

3.- Then a configured the called diviced DN 8002, to also use the same Calling Party Transformation CSS (Xlate)

4.- Then a Call form DN 8003 to DN 8002 and on the screen shows 8003 insted 8080, that was the number tha I punt on the field "Calling Party Transform Mask" on the transformation patter.

I'm doing something wrong??

Regards and thanks for your help.

Luis Martinez

Luis,

Your screen shot shows a translation pattern not a calling transformation pattern.

Chris

Chris, thaks a lot It WORKS!!!, I got confused whit the transformation vs translation.

Regards,

Luis

So I am taking your advice with using a transformation pattern. I am attempting to translate dn=5848 so that when it dials an internal DN that it will display as 4357. But when I try to create the transformation is fails with the DN already exists? Guess I am confused? Do i need to xlate this?  DN's are on the oncluster_PT and that was the partition I was using to create the transformation. I am not able to paste a screenshot for some reason.

Transformations are in a partition just like a DN is in a partition, so a DN and Transformation pattern for that DN cannot exist in the same partition.

Create a new partition for the transformation, and a new calling search space for that transformation. Apply that transformation CSS to the device.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: