Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Internal DNs

Hi, I am trying to mask the DNs for my helpdesk department who extensions consisting of 2XXX and 3XXX.  I have read the many posts on this forum about this very subject but I cannot seem to make it work, I've opened a TAC case 3 days ago and I finally had to stop the engineer who was working with me he was not helpful, I could go on about TAC but I digress.  I have CUCM 8.5 and here is what I have done.

Created a Partition named Desktop and a CSS named Calling Desktop which has the Desktop partition as well as the other main partition used in the business.

I created a Translation Pattern 2XXX  using the Desktop Partition and the Calling Desktop CSS; I put 3202 for the Calling Party Transform Mask and set Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted. When that didn't work I tried using aTransformation Pattern 2XXX using 3202 for Transformation Mask but that hasn't worked either.

On the device that I'm using to test with I did the following under Device Information section: CSS = Calling Desktop at the bottom I've played with various CSS under the Calling Party Transformation CSS currently it is set to Calling Desktop. I've checked and uncheced Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only) and none of that has worked. 

On the device's Line number information Route Partition = Desktop Under Directory Number Settings CSS = Calling Desktop I've reset the device after each configuration change to test and NOTHING IS WORKING!!! I'm at the point where i'm totally confused.

Can any PLEASE HELP ME????????????

Thanks

James

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Masking Internal DNs

Wild guess, your TP is 2XXX, the actual DN is 2000, and the partition for both (TP and DN) is in the same CSS????

You expect to hit 2XXX, but the call hits 2000 directly???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Masking Internal DNs

No the actual DN is 2383 and I've been  trying different patterns to see what will work currently the TP is 238X.  I'm using a Transformation pattern and on the device itself, the Calling Party Transformation CSS is in the same CSS as the TP and DN.

Cisco Employee

Masking Internal DNs

OK, but if you have both, the partition for 2383 and the partition for TP 238X, and you hit 2383, in the same CSS, it's working as designed, there's nothing wrong with the system

Best match routing, CUCM will use the match with less choices

2383 = 1

238X = 10

SRND, dial plan chapter thoroughly explains this.

If you expect that to work, the CSS CANNOT contain the partition from the DNs, only the TP

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Masking Internal DNs

I'm using a Transformation Pattern but even when I use a Translation Pattern it doesn't work, my DN is still being displayed and not the DN I want. When I use the DNA to test I don't see the Calling Party Mask. Again I've followed other postings in this forum but it doesn't appear to be as simple as it looks. Still have a TAC case open with no luck, so I wonder why I pay for such support.

Cisco Employee

Masking Internal DNs

Stick with translation patterns, if it's not working and it's reaching the phone directly and not hitting the TP, is because of the reasons I've explained.

Unless I'm not understanding something, what the TAC SR#?

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Masking Internal DNs

In the end I setup a Translation pattern XXXX and for those phones that I wanted to mask I put them in the Calling Desktop CSS both at the Directory Number Settings and Device Information sections of the individual phones. Everything is working as expected now.

Masking Internal DNs

Thanks for your help Jaime

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content