cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

matching Route Patterns with standard Local Route group and Specific Route Group

Hi

I have a customer with CUCM 8.6 with few branches

couple of branches in UK and few in Europe and middle east.

I configured route patterns with Standard local route group, but using their own Voice gateway, everything was working fine until adding the recent branch with matching pattern 

UK has a mobile pattern with 9.07XXXXXXXXX (11 digits)

One Branch has a mobile with 9.07XXXXXXXX (10 digits)

When branch call 907X..(10digit) number there was a delay and I ticked the Urgent priority to process it quicker, but later realized the UK branch cannot dial 907x.. (11Digit) mobile.

I created Route List for branch and added the 10 digit pattern to that but still the UK cannot call 11 digit. so i believe when you call out it will check the pattern first and the Route-List and Route-Group and gateway play a part.

Is there a way to get 07 -10digit call out quickly also allowing the 07 -11digit pattern as well ( without changing the T302 timer)

Really appreciate your support

thanks

shameer

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, they key to managing overlapping centralized dial plans is to be really good with patterns, partitions, and CSSs. You can have 3 different 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX patterns and assign them a different partition, and then assign that to the branch CSS. This will only work if each Branch has a different CSS.

For example:

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX @ Egypt-PT ->Routes to Local route group of Egypt.

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT -> Routes to Local route group of UK

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ Germany-PT -> Routes to Local Route group of Germany.

//PT = partition//

Then have Egypt-CSS that contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX @ Egypt-PT. 

UK-CSS contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT

Germany- CSS contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT

The other patterns will be invisible to your sites because they are in a different partition that is not in their CSS. 2 overlapping patterns in the same PT will cause you to wait for the inter-digit timeout unless you press #.

Thanks,

Frank

View solution in original post

They are different patterns because one is 10 digits and one is 11 digits. If we use the same 11 digit pattern in the same partition for multiple sites then one site will need to do # or wait the interdigit timeout when dialing. Hence a pattern for each site will resolve this.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your only option is to use the end of digit dialling tag (#) at the end of the 10 digit pattern. That way the call will be routed immediately once the 10 digit has been dialled..

This is an overlap dialplan and you can never use urgent priority as they will nto be able to dial the 1 digit number. So use # (9.07XXXXXXXX#) and tell users to dial # when dialling those 10 digit numbers

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji Thanks for the quick response. I'll ask the customer to use # for 10 digit dialling. Just had another issue. I have a exact matching pattern for two branches both have 9.05XX XXX XXX - digit dialling. New branch can dial this pattern but the branch setup earlier cannot dial this pattern How can I over come this overlap Thanks

Why are you creating separate patterns for each site. Why don't you just use a single pattern and then use local route group to route the call using the local branch's gateway?

Please rate all useful posts

They are different patterns because one is 10 digits and one is 11 digits. If we use the same 11 digit pattern in the same partition for multiple sites then one site will need to do # or wait the interdigit timeout when dialing. Hence a pattern for each site will resolve this.

Thank you very much for all the support (Ayodeji,Francisco)

Created two patterns with different partition with 10 and 11 digits pattern and it worked,

Also use th same international pattern for both branches, and called the Local route group under the device pool of branch for this to work

thanks

shameer

Fantastic! You are welcome, great work.

Hi Ayodeji

Yes, you are right, for some reason when i add the new branch and when tried to call out calls are not hitting the gateway, so i created a separate route list and associated a matching 9.05xx pattern to it and it worked. That's why there is two similar patterns, one with Branch route list and other one with Local router group.

Branch is not live yet, I'll check again with them by removing the 9.05 pattern with branch Route List and leaving only the Default route group

Thanks

shameer

I had this issue in one of my branches too. I created a separate partition for 9.07 (10 digit) pattern and assigned that to the Branch CSS, that way it does not overlap with 9.07 in the other partition. Then the pattern can point to your local gateway.

Thanks for the solution. I'll try to configure this tomorrow and update you. Do you think I can use the same partition technique to solve my second issue with 05 10digit pattern for two branches Thanks

Yes, they key to managing overlapping centralized dial plans is to be really good with patterns, partitions, and CSSs. You can have 3 different 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX patterns and assign them a different partition, and then assign that to the branch CSS. This will only work if each Branch has a different CSS.

For example:

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX @ Egypt-PT ->Routes to Local route group of Egypt.

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT -> Routes to Local route group of UK

9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ Germany-PT -> Routes to Local Route group of Germany.

//PT = partition//

Then have Egypt-CSS that contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXXX @ Egypt-PT. 

UK-CSS contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT

Germany- CSS contains 9.0[2-9]XX-[2-9]XX-XXX @ UK-PT

The other patterns will be invisible to your sites because they are in a different partition that is not in their CSS. 2 overlapping patterns in the same PT will cause you to wait for the inter-digit timeout unless you press #.

Thanks,

Frank