Views
Helpful
Replies

Max calls/Busy Trigger problem on shared lines - 7931 handsets

dheavey30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a strange problem with shared lines on 7931 phones. Each team (and there are many of them) has a group of UDPs which are almost identical in terms of line presentations. So for example there may be 10 phones all configured with 100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108 etc. DN 100 on line 1 would be a shared number that rings on all handsets with max calls value set to say 10. The rest of the DNs are the personal lines with Max calls/Busy trigger set to 2/1. The ringer is set to ring only on the relevant user's extension.

What I am seeing is that on some group UDPs a lot of the lines are not appearing and on some of them none of them appear at all. When I look in CCMadmin they are all present. After a lot of frustration I found that if I update every extension on every UDP (Using BAT as these fields do not propogate to shared lines) with what seems to be a random value for busy trigger and max calls then eventually I get to see the lines. I understand that the maximum calls value for the 7931 is 48 and I know I am not hitting this limit.

I need to understand why this is happening.

Could it be something to do with the number of DNs in a profile and the number of profiles that the DN is associated to?

I had 8 UDPs working perfectly each of which included 8 lines. When I added the 9th UDP containing the same lines I could see no lines when I logged in. MC/BT were set to 10/10 on line 1 and 2/1 on the rest. When I updated DN 1 to 11/10 it started to work and immediately all of the lines appeared.

If anybody can make any sense from this then please let me know!

Thanks for your time in reading this.

D

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

You can overlay up to 25 lines on a single button. A typical use of overlaid directory numbers would be to create a "10x10" shared line, with ten lines in an overlay set shared by ten phones, resulting in the possibility of ten simultaneous calls to the same number. For configuration information

Hi, thanks for your response. Isn't overlay a UCM Express terminology? I am not familiar with this is UCM. I should have mentioned that here I am using UCM 6.1.2.

I think I have resolved this issue now using BAT to update the DN of line 1's Max calls value to be above the number of UDPs containing this DN.