cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

max dns for 7961g-ge - cucm 6.1.3

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured 2 dns on 7961 but its is not allowing me to do so .. i want one more number to be configured on the same phone .. can any one tell me how can i achive this .. configuring more than 2 extensions on 7961

and what is the max dns we can configure on 7941 & 7975 please reply asap

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7961 can have up to 6 lines, the 7941 2 lines, and the 7975 8 lines.  To get more than the standard phone button template of 2 DN's per phone.  Go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template.  Copy one of the phone button templates and give the new one a name then configure more DN's on the template.  Lastly apply the newly created template to the phone from the phone configuration page (Device > Phone).  You'll then see more configurable lines on the phone.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7961 can have up to 6 lines, the 7941 2 lines, and the 7975 8 lines.  To get more than the standard phone button template of 2 DN's per phone.  Go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template.  Copy one of the phone button templates and give the new one a name then configure more DN's on the template.  Lastly apply the newly created template to the phone from the phone configuration page (Device > Phone).  You'll then see more configurable lines on the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: