Views
Helpful
Replies

MAx lines and busy trigger

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my 7940 IP Phones , I need the max line to be 4, but the phone should give busy trigger when one call is active.

I tried by changing the Max line to 4 and the busy trigger to be 1. After doing this, I am getting a busy tone when I have an active call, but the phone is not able to view the incoming call.

I want the phone also able to receive and view the incoming call in the phone display, but at the sametime need to send busy mesage to the caller.

How to acheive this?

Thanks,

Pete

3 Replies 3

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

It is one or the other, if you want call waiting then you need to set the busy trigger to more then one. If not then there will be no indication to the user.

The max calls will allow him to make outbound calls, so he can have one in and three more out in your scenario.

HTH, Avner.

Hi Anver,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So you mean to say like, the busy trigger option enables influences incoming calls and the MAX line option influences outgoing calls.

My requirement is like this.Suppoese the busy trigger option is 2 by default. When a phone is already in call, and the second call is made from the another phone, the caller hears ringing instead of beep sound. So the caller thinks, the user is not picking the call. So can we generate a separate tone for a second call for the caller.

Thanks,

Pete

Unfortunately no, have been after this feature since version 3.1 and to the best of my knowledge it is still not there.

Different ring back tone for call waiting is not available in call manager.

regards, Avner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: