Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Max number of conferences that ip phones support

I need the maximum number of conferences that an IP phone supports. I need this information for all IP Phones, especially 7911,7941,7961,7970,7971,7985.. I couldn't find the info in data sheets..

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Max number of conferences that ip phones support

Not sure if I understand your question?

You can have one conference per line if that answers it as the phone does not mix the conference sessions, rather the conference (software, hardware) does.

Chris

You are right, question was wrong.. With an ip phone.for example 7911, how many conference participants can i talk to? (in one conference session). I need this info for all models.

Again this depends on the conference bridge being used.

Check out this doc for this information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edae2.html#wp91541

Chris

Isn't there any limitation for ip phones. Can i talk simultaneously a lot of people, if i have enough capacity conference bridge then?

Correct, you can have one active call on the phone at a time (others will be on held), so all the phone does is connect to one destination - conference brdige, which mixes the streams.

Whatever you use as the conference bridge source will allow you to stream different number of conferencees.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content