Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Maximum amount of digits passed between CallManager and H.323 Gateway

What is the maximum amount of digits passed between CallManager and H.323 Gateway (Cisco 3845).

I am migrating away from a Nortel Option81 system in which users enter a 9* followed by 11 digit job code then either 1 followed by the npa/nxx telephone number or 011 followed by the international telephone number. The resulting 11 digit code is tied to the call in the call detail record on the Nortel system for billing purposes. The issue is now we are migrating to CallManager.

I can easily make the CallManager route pattern strip the 11 digit code out before it sends to the gateway, but CallManager's CDR record only shows the translated number not the entire user dialed string. It appears that 24 digits is the maximum number of digits that can be sent from the CallManager to the H.323 gateway since it is getting stripped before the H.323 gateway performs any digit analysis on it. Thus, sending the 11 digits down to the H.323 gateway works for domestic US long distance but easily gets broken for international calls when exceeding the 24 digits.

Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: Maximum amount of digits passed between CallManager and H.32

Nevermind. I figured out my mistakes.

Views
Helpful
Replies