Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum number of participants in a conference call

dnazefg20
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're running call manager 4.3 and we have a cisco ip conference station cp-7935. What is the maximum amount of partipants/connections it can support at 1 time?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Elliott,

This number would be based on the largest Conference Bridge you have on your system. If you have a Bridge that supports 128 participants you could set the Maximum AdHoc/MeetMe Conference Participants Service Parameter to 128 in theory.

MaxAdHocConference

Default: 4

Min: 3

Max: maximum size of largest conference bridge in system

Specifies the maximum number of parties that can be added to a Unicast Ad-Hoc conference.

Both Ad Hoc and MeetMe conferences have a configurable setting that limits the number of participants (Software Conference Bridge);

Clusterwide Parameters (Service)

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference = 4

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast = 16

The default number of Maximum MeetMe Participants (per Conference) is set at 4.

To increase the Maximum number of MeetMe participants (we have ours at 16);

Go to:

Service Parameters Configuration >Clusterwide Parameters (Service)>Maximum MeetMe Conference

Hope this helps!

Rob

just to add something to the great info Rob provided if you're running CUCM on the server where CFB is we do not recommend going over 48 users per conference, 128 user in theory are only for servers not running CCM.

also if using HW CFB the limitation will be set to 8, depending on HW (6608) can be up to 32

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually had to navigate around and look for the parameters, but you gave me a good idea on where to find it.

I found that our Maximum Ad Hoc Conference value is 4 and our Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast is 10.

What is the difference between Ad Hoc and MeetMe?

as the name implies, one is for adhoc (you pressed conference on phone) and the other one is for meetme conferences (you dialed a meetme DN)

HTH

java

HTH

java