cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCP with fractional E1

carlsclan
Level 1
Level 1

we have a 2821 configured as a MGCP GW on CCM 4.1(3). The gateway during normal operation does not facilitate the in or outbound calls - another GW off site does, however when in SRST it should, but when calls are placed - only an engaged tone is heard.

I have had problems in the past using a fractional E1 (only 16 channels in use) and have had to use H323 instead. Any one had similar problems and ways to solve the issue?

cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

What does a debug isdn q931 show on the gateway ?

If it shows requested circuit or channel unavailable then I suspect you need to change the channel selection order in the gateway config page.

Paul.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using ISDN PRI ?

Can you better describe the problem and post router config ?

hi chaps,

ISDN PRI - yes. Problem is that when a call is placed from an IP phone they get the busy tone.

I dont get anything out of the ISDN Q931 debugs, so it looks as if the call is not being placed to the controller.

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

What does a debug isdn q931 show on the gateway ?

If it shows requested circuit or channel unavailable then I suspect you need to change the channel selection order in the gateway config page.

Paul.

s.zink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar problem.

Fractional PRI is not supportet with mgcp yet.

When you use srst the router will go out on the higher pri channel.

Possible you can experimente with this:

-Under the D channel, enter the following command:

isdn bchan-number-order ?

ascending

descending

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: