cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7835-H2-IPC1

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Will a MCS-7835-H2-IPC1 suppport Unity Connection 7x?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doesn't show in the list

Cisco Unity Connection 7.1 Supported Platforms  List

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/data_sheet_c78-491743.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I cannot access the link. Can you post it in PDF please?

If that happens always try copying the url but remove /partner

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In the IPC configuration, no.  Most other models, ECS and so forth - yes.

Hailey

I'm looking for a similar compatability

7825-H3-ECS1

For Unity Connection 7.0.x

I can only find verification of the H4 for UCX 7.1

does anyone know if the UCX installation disks will validate the 7825-H3-ECS1 as a valid server for install?

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that the last 4 digits (IPC1) refer to the pre-loaded installation when purchasing from supplier.

As long as the MCS-7835-H2 hardware spec match you should be fine.

The trailing digits do have significance and indicate a commonality in platform and purpose.  With the advent of the appliance platform, there are now some new naming conventions that indicate that a server is a Linux appliance that comes preloaded with a specific version of an application (e.g., CUCM, CUC). For example, you may see servers with model numbers that end in UCA1A, UCB1, UCB1A, UCB2, and so forth.  IPC servers are somewhat generically used - CUCM, MP, UCCX, and etc.  Servers with the ECS indicator are configured specifically for Unity (and Unity Speech Connect); however, that doesn't exclude them from being compatible with other applications such as Unity Connection. However, this is not always a guarantee so you always need to double check the hardware compatibility guide for the software and version you plan to install.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: