Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MCS H2 Series

Does anyone know the majore difference between Cisco MCS Server Series H2 from MCS Server Series H1.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MCS H2 Series

Abbas,

H2 is better than a H1 from a hardware component, performance standpoint. Lets take the example of a h2 and h1 on the 7835 series.

Both models have Xeon processor, but the motherboard of a h1 has only 800 FSB (front side bus) while h2 has 1333 FSB. H1 has 2 MB L2 cache, while H2 has 4 MB L2 cache. The DDR2 memory on H1 server runs at only 400 Mhz clock speed, while H2 runs at 667 Mhz.

You can read more differences between the two here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheets_list.html

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

2 REPLIES

Abbas,

H2 is better than a H1 from a hardware component, performance standpoint. Lets take the example of a h2 and h1 on the 7835 series.

Both models have Xeon processor, but the motherboard of a h1 has only 800 FSB (front side bus) while h2 has 1333 FSB. H1 has 2 MB L2 cache, while H2 has 4 MB L2 cache. The DDR2 memory on H1 server runs at only 400 Mhz clock speed, while H2 runs at 667 Mhz.

You can read more differences between the two here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheets_list.html

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Hello Sankar,

Thanks for the great info. I am in dilema now. I want to quote 7835-H2 for 10,000 CER Nodes, but what I saw that 7835-H2 (Unified Communication) only supports Call Manager 5.0 or greater. Does that mean that it will not support Call Manager 4.1. Even though 7825-H2 will be able to support 10,000 nodes, but I still want to go with 7835 Series.

What would you recommend between 7825-H2 and 7835-H1 for 10,000 and above users if 7835-H2 wouldn't support Call Manager 4.x ( I assume). I really want to make sure that customer has the best hardware when it comes to Emergency Services.

Any help will be appreciated.

Views
Helpful
Replies