Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7825I4-k9-UCC2 Unable to run Unity Connection 8.5

dlaminw1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two Unity Connection Servers (MCS7825I4-k9-UCC2) preloaded with Unity Connection 8.5. I was doing an installation in one of the servers that I planned to use as a publisher and when I realised that the network connection back to the CUCM Cluster over the WAN was not working I stopped the installation. When I booted up the server for the second time after I had already configured basic parameters such as the hostname, IP Address, DNS, Gateway, etc. from the initial installation attempt; the installation asked if the mouse should be installed, Ignored, Do Nothing and I chose the install option which I didn't choose the first time.

The problem now is that when I boot up the server in order to continue with the installation I encounter an error "Hardware Configuration Error: The hardware you are using does not support the product suite. Modify the hardware and try again". I then went to the BIOS to see where I can undo the PS2 mouse installation that I performed, because I think that's where the problem is, I cannot find any place where I can change this setting. In the I/O ports configuration in BIOS there is only "USB enable/disable" option.

I then decided to use the server the other server that was going to be a subscriber and the installation was successful with no issues. Both servers are exactly the same and are both preloaded with the same Unity Connection 8.5 software.

I have read the IBM System X documentation but I have not found anything that I can use to resolve this issue.

Is there anyone who has got an Idea of how I can overcome this issue?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Starting from scratch is really not so much time consuming, not like in the old "windows" days.

Jan

View solution in original post

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The very fact the same overlay of the server model that you are planning to deploy got installed successfully points there isnt a possible hardware compatibility issue, as mentioned above its always a good practice to install the server from scratch .

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I don't know if the mouse has something to do with it.

Maybe boot from the install DVD and try really from scratch?

Jan

Hello,

Starting from scratch is what I was really trying to avoid but I might end up taking that route if I don't find a resolution quickly.

Thanks

Starting from scratch is really not so much time consuming, not like in the old "windows" days.

Jan

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The very fact the same overlay of the server model that you are planning to deploy got installed successfully points there isnt a possible hardware compatibility issue, as mentioned above its always a good practice to install the server from scratch .

Installed everything from scratch and the installation went smoothly.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: