cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7835-i3 & cuc 8.6.1

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I would like to install additional memory on MCS7835-i3 , there is 4gig of memory at the moment and would like to add another two gig to support the requirement of cuc 8.6.1. Is it possible to buy another 2gig of memory and install it on the MCS7835-i3 or have to buy a pair of 2gig of ram? Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

You can order the 2GB stick with the following part number:  MEM-7835-I3-2GB=

Check out the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp781724

Preloaded MCS 7835 Hardware Is Not Available With 8.6(1)

Added June 9, 2010

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6(1) and later will not be available in a preloaded format on the MCS 7835 servers. Therefore, no MCS 7835-I3-K9-Uxxx servers will be available for this version of software. Only the MCS7825I5-K9-UCC3 and the MCS 7845-I3-K9-UCC3 SKU are available for the preloaded 7825-I5 and 7845-I3 servers.

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6(1) software can still run on the MCS 7835 I2 and I3 series servers, however, those servers will need the following:

6 GB of RAM

2 disks of minimum 146 GB drives

You will have the following options:

If upgrading from Connection 8.5 running on a MCS 7835 server, you will need to upgrade the memory on the server to 6GB before upgrading the software.

If you need a MCS 7835, you can buy the MCS 7835-I3-K9-UCC2 server, which comes preloaded with Cisco Unity Connection 8.5. Add 2 GB RAM to the server (MEM-7835-I3-2GB=), and upgrade the software to Cisco Unity Connection 8.6.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have ordered 2GB adn attempted to install it on MCS7845-I3 but it doesn't seem to recognze it, it only recognize 4GIG. i have swaped one of the the existing sticks with the new 2GB Stick and change different DIMM slost for testing and i can only get 4GB. My main question was do i need to orderd  2 X 2GB of Sticks, i have looked around and found a cisco document which mensions i have to install memory sticks in pairs? See below.

Thanks

Mohammed

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/47481/memory-mod-install-mcs.pdf

MCS7835-I3 memory.jpg

Hi there,

Which DIMM slots are you installing the memory in?  The 7835-I3 maps to the following IBM number:  IBM x3650-M2

Based on the IBM documentation, you need to install the 3rd memory stick in slot 8 to get all 3 memory sticks to work.  Check out the following .pdf for the IBM documentation on the server.  Check page 83 for the memory configurations and installation settings:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/sonasic/sonas1ic/topic/com.ibm.sonas.doc/69y3926_x3650M2_IUG.pdf

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Great responce, the document did help in understanding how the DIMM population sequence work for the IBM server, looking in to the document it looks like there are two type of population sequence's. A "normal" and "memory mirroring", is there any way to find out how the MCS-7835-i3 is configured from CUCM CLI? if it is "memory mirroring" it looks like i have to order another 2Gb stick to pair with the once i have.

Thanks

Mohammed

Mohammed,

This has been open for a while, but I'm in the same boat as you. Just about to order memory for some 7835 I3 servers for an upgrade to 8.6 and want to check with you on how it went.

Gareth

This was a major help, thanks!!