Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7845I3-K9-CMC2 unsupported hardware

romeijn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got delivered a MCS7845I3-K9-CMC2 with CUCM 7.1.5 software. Already when installing from the delivered DVD, the installation stops early in the process saying:      Hardware Configuration Error       IBM ASU [Error]: could not setup with inpu "/mnt/source/  .

The install.log shows that this error comes right after the installer tries to update the Raid controller MR10i. I installed the 7845I3 firmware update CD from CCO but that does not solve. Also I tried to find a Raid update cd ios image on the IBM support website but no luck: only for Windows and Linux.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Cheers, Dik.

8 Replies 8

tpejnovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you press [Continue] under the error, installation should continue normally? Check CSCsz70804.

Next time, when boot from hard disk, you shouldn't see the error.

Thanks,

Tijana

Hi, this was not the case: each time after reboot the server would complain about unsupported hardware.

I needed to put W2008 on it to be able to install latest firmware from the IBM site because the Cisco supplied firmware did not solve it either.

Then finally after reinstalling CUCM indeed it did not complain about unsupported hardware anymore after the reboot although it still did during the installation like you also say.

Now i still doubt though because after reboot at the point of UEFI SETUP is wait for at least 15 minutes before it continues booting. This cannot be normal. Hope you have a good tip for this as well...

did you get this  to work as I have the same issue. I installed the new Firmware via cco but it still failed

thanks

I could not get it to work through the regular TAC process. So I turned it in at the Cisco office where an engineer successfully installed it.

It became never clear why it failed for me. The only thing that I recall is that the IMM should be reset to default settings before install of CUCM. Which I tried already myself as well before I brought it at Cisco. It works fine now already some months and I have already done a successful CUCM upgrade on it.

hello,

did anyone get this fixed with cisco office help?

got same issue on a 7835I3

the firmware cd 3.6.6 is not working either as cannot slow down device ata1 enough

hello,

did anyone get this fixed with cisco office help?

got same issue on a 7835I3

the firmware cd 3.6.6 is not working either as cannot slow down device ata1 enough

thanks

tomneary78
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this issue late friday evening. We were able to find a workaround that worked for us. In the BIOS configuration on the server, there is an option for the integrated managment module. The default setting is to use the dedicated interface. We changed this to shared. The IBM firmware utility in the CUCM installer is now able to connect to the hardware to check/upgrade the firmware. The installer did not get the IBM ASU error after we did this.

Thank you very much it solved my problem.

I had the same issue with an MCSMCS7845I3-K9-CMC2.

There were a cisco unified communication manager 7.1.5 pre installed.

the problem occure when i tried to install an 8.6.(2a).

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: