cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4501 as an audio conference bridge

amrishmehta
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed MCU 4501 for multipoint conference. can it be used as an audio conference bridge or can it be integrate with CUCM 8.6 to achieve audio conference bridge with authentication?

12 Replies 12

Thanks marwanshawi, these documents are really helpful.

Hi marwanshawi,

I have tried to add MCU as a conference bridge in CUCM, its registed successfully. Do you know how it wiil work in this case?

Thanks

Ok add it to a media resource group

And MRGL

THEN assigne it to the desired phone and trynto make an adhoc conference using this mcu hardware conf resource

HTH

Sorry from late response, I want to use it as incoming conference bridge with a password authentication.

thanks.

I think if you register it you can not have this ability

However if you integrate it with CUCM via sip trunk or h323

Then you can pre define conferences with password and number to be dialed from CUCM using a route pattern over the trunk you add that points to the MCU

Hope this help

If helpful rate

thanks, its working very well.

The only issue i am facing is that only two participant can dail-in, if i try third one it gives busy tone.

Do you have enough ports in the mcu ?

yes, I have 6 HD and 6 audio ports

Check the conference and default conference settings and see if there is any limit

It shouldn't be an issue since you are able to join it !!

There is no other setting for this. Same problem i have with EX90 when i registered it as a third party sip device. it does not take fourth participant in conference.

Ex90 is different you have to enable multisite calls

And intiate the call from the ex90

And max of three participants only