cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meesage on the screen when a line 1 is busy

vulatec89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I want to ask if anyone knows how I can meet the following requirement from a customer regarding call waiting.

A phone called phone A has the call waiting option, the phone A line 1 is busy because the user is talking with another user,   then  another Ip phone (phone B)  calls to phone A, how to make the phone B out a message on the screen indicated that the phone A line 1 is 1 busy.

Thanks for any info you can give me about it.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, when asking for help you need to explain what system/version you're using. Most of the time answer will depend on that information.

Either way, for this one it doesn't matter if it's CUCM or CME and whatever version you have, that's not a feature we have in our products.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am sorry I forgot mention that, I am using CUCM 8.5.

So there is not way display a meesage on my ip phone screen when the user that I am calling has the line busy.

Exists this feature in the Cisco Unified Presence?

Thanks a lot for any information you can give me about it

The closest thing you can get would be to use the BLF for call lists enterprise parameter, but that's before you call the user.

In CUCM there's no way to show a message the user is busy when you call him.

Configuration Checklist for Presence

The Presence feature allows a user (watcher) to monitor the real-time  status of another user at a directory number or SIP URI from the device  of the watcher. A watcher can monitor the status of the user by using  the following options:

BLF/SpeedDial buttons

Missed call, placed call, or received  call lists in the directories window

Shared directories, such as the  corporate directory

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate