Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-Me calls being disconnected

JAMES WEST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 clusters configured over a WAN with an ICT between them. Cluster 1 has the Meet-Me number configured and the CTI RP pointing to CUC to play a welcome greeting. After CUC plays the greeting it transfers the call back to the MM number with Call Screening configured.

Currently the phones in cluster 2 (ICT to the Meet-Me Number) can ring through to the AA greeting, after user says their name the call gets passed to the  meet-me number where the chair person can then press 1 to accept them or 2 to  disconnect them. The chair person presses 1 and it goes engaged.

MTP on the ICT is unchecked, so the phones should be using their MTP resources on the local cluster to the phone.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Could be a codec issue here as the Software conference resources

only support g.711

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

I'm going to agree with Rob. I've had the same problem with software conference bridges. They are very picky about only working with G711 as their codec. If the CUCM hosting the meet me does not have any transcoding resources available when a call comes in with something other than G711, the person coming in will get dropped. This is default. The only way to change this is to assign the conference bridge to a region that uses a different codec. But again, if anyone on that CUCM wants to use that bridge, they will have to be transcoded again. Does your router have any DSP FARM resources?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by isolating the problem, leave CUC out of the picture and dial the meet-me DN, are you able to join??

This might be a codec issue.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The Meet-Me number works fine, it is only when the person joining the MM is disconnected.

Initiator starts the call to Meet-Me, the 2nd person dials the CTI number, passes off to Unity Call Handler and then transferred back to the MM number. The Initiator then either accepts or rejects the call, but when they accept the call is disconnected from the remote cluster.

Thanks,

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Could be a codec issue here as the Software conference resources

only support g.711

Cheers!

Rob

I'm going to agree with Rob. I've had the same problem with software conference bridges. They are very picky about only working with G711 as their codec. If the CUCM hosting the meet me does not have any transcoding resources available when a call comes in with something other than G711, the person coming in will get dropped. This is default. The only way to change this is to assign the conference bridge to a region that uses a different codec. But again, if anyone on that CUCM wants to use that bridge, they will have to be transcoded again. Does your router have any DSP FARM resources?

Hi Robert / Rob,

Thanks for your posts above, spot on the money.

The problem has been resolved with the following changes -

On cluster B – changed  the regions from G729 to G711

This did not resolve  the issue, so we found and changed the following parameter  –

System Parameters >  Call Manager > Inter Region Call (changed from G729 to G711) > Reset the  ICT

Tested the calls from  Cluster B to Cluster A’s meet me number, this now works  OK.

Thanks again.

Regards

James

Glad that worked out for you. Changing codecs is always tricky. In an large enterprise environment, it's easier to keep everything G711 as much as possible so you dont have to worry about transcoding. Now, if your SIP or PRI provider is sending you G729 (as some do), that is another headache. I like G711 because of the clarity. Thats just my opinion though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: