cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Conference Call Functionality CM v 7.15

planetmaker
Level 1
Level 1

We have a range of 10 Meet Me conference numbers set up on our Call Manager and we are looking to increase functionalilty

On other telephony systems participants can record their name when they phone in and the system announces when they join and leave the call.  On meet-me there is a little 'beep' when someone joins and no notification when they leave. Is this something that can be set up and if so how?

Also if you set up a call you can see a list of who is in the call?

How could we go about recording the conference call - is that possible / expensive?

For Info we also have a UCCX.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi PM,

Just to add a clip to the great ideas from Java and Cliff (+5 each guys!)

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity (or CUC) Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Meet me conferencing is a "lite" version of a conference bridge.  It doesn't support any of the things you're asking for really.  It also doesn't do authentication (which I'm susprised you didn't ask about).

If you want features like you are discussing, you need to be looking at MeetingPlace or Webex.  Cost....always relative.  It certainly isn't free.

I'm waiting on a quote for Meeting Place

(and bracing myself!)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Unity or CUC to do a supervised transfer and ask the caller name and announce them before they can join the meet-me.

This only works when joining the meet-me.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Sounds good, is there a step by step guide to do this??

No, the basics are exactly the same as for a transfer to any other regular DN which is not in Unity/CUC. ie via a call handler with transfer options

The only difference is you configure it as a supervised transfer and this enables options like ask caller name and announce caller.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi PM,

Just to add a clip to the great ideas from Java and Cliff (+5 each guys!)

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity (or CUC) Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

Cheers!

Rob

Superb stuff I've found the steps mentioned and it looks very promising, thanks to everyone for thier imput.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: