cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Conference Setup - Possible?

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

We have a situation where we would like to setup one of our directory numbers to be an open Meet-Me Conference extension to be accessed from outside lines.  For example, if several employees are working outside the office on the weekend, and they want a conference call, we would like them to be able to dial a number on our system (e.g. 609-555-1234), have to enter a code, and all be conferenced together.  I was informed by a Cisco Tech that they do not believe this can be done, since the Meet-Me Conference woudl have to be initiated from on of our Cisco phone.  I have been informed by a colleague, that their 10-year old Avaya (I even hate saying that name) system can do this.  Any thoughts, ideas or assistance setting this up if it can be done would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph,

Unfortuately MeetMe doesn't work the way you would like it to. What you can do is leave a designated phone, always conferenced into the MeetMe number.

For security, you could configure an extension number (specifically for external MeetMe participants) to go to Unity and have Unity provide a supervised transfer with "gather information" to come back into CUCM and reach the MeetMe conference. You would then only give the real MeetMe number to the "conference initiator", which he\she would have to call into the MeetMe number prior to the external particiapnts, so that when callers enter the conference he\she can hit 1 to accept the callers.

Reference MeetMe with a password

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/304685

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start mentioning (at least) system type and version you're using.

Sorry - using CM Admin System version: 8.6.2.21900-5 on C200M2 Servers.  Thanks

Joseph,

Unfortuately MeetMe doesn't work the way you would like it to. What you can do is leave a designated phone, always conferenced into the MeetMe number.

For security, you could configure an extension number (specifically for external MeetMe participants) to go to Unity and have Unity provide a supervised transfer with "gather information" to come back into CUCM and reach the MeetMe conference. You would then only give the real MeetMe number to the "conference initiator", which he\she would have to call into the MeetMe number prior to the external particiapnts, so that when callers enter the conference he\she can hit 1 to accept the callers.

Reference MeetMe with a password

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/304685

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thank you for the prompt reply - truly appreciated

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joseph,

If you donot want to use Unity then your requirements can be fulfilled using a 3rd party application.

For details : https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/1923

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: