Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Meet-Me (Initiating from an outside line)

I have Meet-Me setup so internal callers can setup a conference with no issues and outside lines can call in to said conference (did)

My question is if someone from the outside can create a meetme conference?

All of the documentation I've read indicates that it must be done internally with the meetme softkey on a Cisco phone. I'm wondering if there is a workaround or a sequence of digits to create a conference from off site

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Meet-Me (Initiating from an outside line)

I don't believe there is any way to initiate a meet-me conference other than by the meet-me softkey. I think this could be considered one of the lines of delineation between using built-in CallManager conferencing, and stepping up to the (more expensive) conferencing products.

cheers,

jerry

5 REPLIES

I don't believe there is any way to initiate a meet-me conference other than by the meet-me softkey. I think this could be considered one of the lines of delineation between using built-in CallManager conferencing, and stepping up to the (more expensive) conferencing products.

cheers,

jerry

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct. There is no way to do this.

Chris

I'm not sure of your questions, but I am curious how you have configured meet-me to use a DID. Are you using a call handler, or does it go directly into the meet-me conference? If you don't mind sharing, I would be greatful.

You can either make a meet-me number pattern's digits match a DID number that you plan to use. OR, for a bit more granularity and control, you can set up a translation pattern to translate a DID number to your M-M number pattern. this requires that the M-M is first initiated from an IP phone user internally, then an outside caller get jump right in to the conference by dialing the DID number, given all the appriopriate CSS rules allow it.

-Jerry

Hi,

I have a application "Conf Scheduler" which has a soulution to the below mentioned points:

1.The Meet-Me application does not have an option of validating users by a “password”, just by dialing a Meet-Me ID any body can be part of this meeting.

2.The number of users who can attend a Meet-Me conference is the same across all Meet-Me IDs.It cannot be controlled that Meet-Me ID 3333 can have a maximum of 10 users and Meet-Me ID 4444 can have a maximum of 20 users.

3.Conference recording facility is not available.

4.Maximum number of total concurrent users in all conferences allowed is 128.(Note: This can be increased with the help of PVDM or DSP hardware resources)

5.There is no scheduling feature. A conference cannot be scheduled and accordingly intimate (Txt Msg in IPT, SMS, Email) the attendees of the scheduled conference.

6.Conference reminder facility.

Regards

Pranjol

pranjol.s@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Views
Helpful
Replies