cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-me number and FAC?

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Can I implement meet-me number with some authorization without any IVR?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, you need to use an IVR as you mention or MPE. CUCM does no have the capability to provide security to meetme by itself.

please always search previous post using the Search NetPro option

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do you have Unity?

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The above requirement of starting the MeetMe conference through an external phone(PSTN) along with authentication,limit of users per conference and scheduleing feature IS POSSIBLE through an application and we have done it.

First off, the meetme bridge has to be started by the host, which i assume you understand is a requirement. If you do have IPCC, you can create a script to define a pin as a variable (this will be meeting password). Calls can come in via PSTN and hits a CTI route point thats registered to IPCC and routes to an IPCC Script. The IPCC script will prompt for a meeting password. This password you can change any time from the Applications page on IPCC Express. If the password entered is correct, it can be told to route the call usine a Call Redirect step in the script back to the meet me number and let the caller join the meet me bridge..

additionally this can be done even with  CUE instead of IPCC because the script in CUE can pretty much do the same..

Hope this makes sense..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus