Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Meeting Place 8.0.1 redundancy

I am trying to get my head around the redundancy options surrounding Meeting Place 8.0.1

The particular implementation I am looking at is two 7835-I3 servers. I have already installed the two servers, so both run the application server functionality and I have chosen to use the Media Express option during installation.  I need to mention that I am looking at implementing a voice only solution.

Now, what I need to ascertain is, what options do I have to make this set up redundant, the documentation that I have found on cisco docwiki on Meeting Place redundancy is scetchy at best. I understand you can implement the scenario I described in a warm standy fashion, whereby you change DNS from the primary server into the secondary server (if for instance meetings.acme.com is used to schedule).

In terms of port density I do not really require RSNA, as I only have 200 voice ports licenced, so this can run off a single 7835.

The other thing I am trying to figure out is, how do I have the two servers communicate in a cluster like setup (similar to CUCM and UCX) so that warm standby can be accomplished?

any information/discussion is welcome, or even point me to some clear documentation on the redundancy options for Meetng Place

Regards

Dennis

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content