cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 7 App Server in VMWare

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone been able to make this work? According to the BU this should install in VMWare just fine it just isn't supported which I'm ok with.

Thanks,

Jon

4 Replies 4

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

MeetingPlace Application server and MeetingPlace Web server can be loaded under VMWare.

Got more clarification from the BU on this. MP app will load in VMWare (unsupported of course), but there are known issues with VMWare Workstation, hence my issue :) I like the multiple snapshot feature!

Hi Jon,

Can you detail the issues you have/had? We're trying to run MP7.0.3 appsrv on VMWare Server, to try it here in the lab. But there seems to be a problem with voice.

(Just faced the problem, and ppl are starting to debug now, but I thought maybe it's something known)

Thanks,

Emre

The issue I had, at the time, was installing in VMWare Workstation. AFAIK it still does not work and requires ESXi, which I'm ok with as I've moved my dev lab to this environment. The other issue I had was that you had to install from physical media and not the ISO. Once I got through these two things everything was smooth.

HTH

-Jon