Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 8.0.1.3 upgrade to 8.0.2.2 DNS Error

Marucho Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade a MeetingPlace AppServer in standalone mode from the release 8.0.1.3 to the release 8.0.2.2 but when I run the upgrade file after the version validation I get and DNS error saying that the validation fails trying to resolve the FQDN of the MeetingPlace and the IP-Address of the MeetingPlace, but I have lookup at the logs and I found that the DNS server replys to the request of the MeetingPlace in a correct way.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much.

Marucho Mendez

6 Replies 6

joemccann
Level 1
Level 1

Marucho,

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem.

Fix "reverse lookup zone" on your dns server. so when nslookup your server ip address you will receive the host name

I'm running into the same issue, wondering if anyone can post a resolution or some tips.  I've verified that both the Host (A) and Reverse (PTR) records are present and correct in my DNS.  I can get on the MP server itself and do an nslookup on both the hostname with or without domain name and on the IP and I get the correct response back.  Can't figure out why I keep running into this error.

Any clue what logs files I should be looking at and where they are?  The UpgradeLog.log in the /root folder doesn't give any clues, just a bunch of successes then it says the upgrade was terminated by user.

trdavid
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

From MP ssh try also

#host

#host

And see if they return the IP, respectively the hostname.

Please ensure also that there is no discrepancy in the characters' case. Best way to approach it is to have all hostnames/FQDNs declared with lower case on both MP and in DNS entries.

Should none of these work, opening a TAC case is a valid option.

All the best,

Traian

I had no idea it was that picky with regard to DNS.  Turned out to be a mismatch between the PTR record and the hostname.  Hostname was something like CUMPAppSrv and the PTR record had it as cumpappsrv.  Changed the hostname to all lowercase and got past that part of the installation no problem.

you're welcome dandrools. glad that we could assist.

have a great day!

Traian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: