Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace design ?

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I just want to run the audio portion for MP, 5.4 possibly upgrade to 6.x and I am looking for confirmation or design suggestions.

I want internal and extenal people to be able to use the audio conferencing

Currently I have a 8106 audio server and a MP server(MCS 7835)

I plan on installing GWsim, Directory Services, Outlook GW, Email GW, LCS GW, and meetingtime applications on the MCS server.

Someone said I need a seperate web server, but I only see I need a web server if I am going to also configure web and video conferencing.

Do I need a web server for scheduling? is the MCS server configured as a web server as well?

Thanks,

Randall

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You must install Directory Services on a Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) or the exact HP or IBM equivalent.

Network Backup Gateway must be installed on a 7800 series Cisco MCS with the Cisco version of the Microsoft Windows 2003 server operating system installed.

New installations of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway Release 6.x require a Cisco MCS dedicated to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace applications. Hardware configuration is based on the number of voice and web-conferencing user licenses (ports) on your system.