Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace design ?

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I just want to run the audio portion for MP, 5.4 possibly upgrade to 6.x and I am looking for confirmation or design suggestions.

I want internal and extenal people to be able to use the audio conferencing

Currently I have a 8106 audio server and a MP server(MCS 7835)

I plan on installing GWsim, Directory Services, Outlook GW, Email GW, LCS GW, and meetingtime applications on the MCS server.

Someone said I need a seperate web server, but I only see I need a web server if I am going to also configure web and video conferencing.

Do I need a web server for scheduling? is the MCS server configured as a web server as well?

Thanks,

Randall

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You must install Directory Services on a Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) or the exact HP or IBM equivalent.

Network Backup Gateway must be installed on a 7800 series Cisco MCS with the Cisco version of the Microsoft Windows 2003 server operating system installed.

New installations of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway Release 6.x require a Cisco MCS dedicated to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace applications. Hardware configuration is based on the number of voice and web-conferencing user licenses (ports) on your system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: