Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express VT

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco gurus,

One of our customer wants to have more ports (for scheduling) on their existing MeetingPlace Express VT server and hence I have the following questions:-

Q1) My understanding the difference between MeetingPlace Express VT vs MeetingPlace Express is MeetingPlace Express VT can't have schedules, while the normal MeetingPlace Express can.

If this is the case, since my customer currently has a VT system, is there any way we can 'upgrade' and change it to a normal MeetingPlace Express system so that it can have 'scheduling'??

Q2) In terms of 'scheduling', how is it calculated on MeetingPlace Express server?? Does it needs any 'special Cisco Part codes' or is it just determined by whether any 'free ports' are available??

Also, say at the time when an user wants to schedule a conference, does the MeetingPlace Express server simply adds up 'all the ports', or is it based by type i.e. voice ports??

For instance,

If at the time, an user wants to schedule a new meeting with 5 users. But at that moment, only 4 voice ports are free, together with 6 Video ports & 6 Web ports are free (so a total of 16 ports free based on the 3 types of ports).

Would this allow the user to schedule the meeting?? Or it won't because there is only 4 voice ports that are free??

Would be great if anyone could shed some light on this as I have spent a lot of time on this already but couldn't get anywhere.

Cheers,

Hunt

1 Reply 1

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

ill take a shot since ive just deployed VT to one of our customers for the first time.

first off, you can schedule a meeting in VT, you have reservations and reservationless meeetings. You can install the outlook plugin (assuming you run exchange of course) and schedule the meetings from there as well or just login to the page and do the schedule, attend, find etc

you can schedule, reschedule and cancel a meeting based on your priveillege level.

VT is kinda the base system so you can use the Video part of it using meet me or normal conferencing. the web part is for audio and web conference where you can calling, have the system call you back (based on if you have a profile on the system) and share desktop etc.

If i have misunderstood what you meant by scheduling and you still need to upgrade to meeting place express then you only require to purchase the upgrade license.

have a look at the data sheet for vt 2.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5664/ps6533/ps7260/product_data_sheet0900aecd8061fae7.html

Table 4. should give you the part numbers for the upgrade you desire if this is what you need.

finally, based on what i have learnt is that you are setup with a licensed amount of ports, if you have scheduled a meeting and used all ports, then the other meeting you attempt to schedule will return an error in the license and you will not be able to proceed (Once the other meeting is completed the ports will be free and you can schedule once more).

In your example, im thinking it will still go through but limit the user based on what they are trying to access. say for instance (using your eg) all 5 should be able to connecting to MPE VT meeting using Web but only four can be allowed for voice. Remember the video part of this is kind of "independent" from MPE VT iteself as well.

hopefully i was able to help a little.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: